Saturday 14 November 2015, 12-4pm
Get to know the basics of a woodshop. Seth Woodyard (yes, that is his real name) will show you:
– how to work safely and confidently
– how to use basic power tools : circular saw, miter saw, table saw, drill/driver, power sander, nail gun how to use the table saw
– how to build a canvas stretcher
– how to build a wooden box
– how to build a set of wooden stilts
Free to ACI and ace members, $20 to non members
Limited places available.
Email email@example.com or call 944 9763 to reserve your place.
Members of aceartinc. receive free access to the gallery’s woodshop.
Born in Prince Edward Island in a geodesic dome and raised in Ottawa by his artist mother and architect turned economist father, Seth Woodyard is a multi disciplinary visual artist, and a member of the board of directors at aceart. Seth works in a variety of media including painting, drawing, video, performance and installation. He works toward bringing into dialogue ideas of home, the body, architecture, and labour. He currently lives in Winnipeg making a variety of things both aesthetic and functional.
This workshop is funded by ACI Manitoba. Thanks, ACI!