Flux Gallery | Deadline: 28 February 2019
Flux Gallery will be seeking exhibition proposals from emerging artists.
To apply please submit the following in a digital format to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11.59pm, 28 February 2019.
When applying, please consider:
- Flux Gallery is run by volunteers. Two members of the committee will facilitate your show and help things run smoothly for you. If you need assistance or access to resources they can help point you in the right direction
- You must know how to install your own work. If desired, you can request time in the space to practice installing your work.
- Works involving sound must be played through headphones.
- You must return Flux Gallery to its pristine state during the strike of your exhibition.
- Your work will be for sale; artist fees are therefore not applicable. We will provide a $100 honorarium per show.
- A map of the space can be found here.
The upcoming show dates are:
- April 28-May 12
- July 13-27
- August 10-24
- August 25-September 7
- October 20- November 2
To submit, enclose:
- An exhibition proposal (1 page)
- Support Material
- List the dates in your order of preference. We cannot guarantee you’ll get your preferred date.
- You may include up to 5 images
- Individual images must be jpegs 72dpi, 1024 x 768 pixel, 500k (.5 MB) RGB or SRGB only
- Video may be submitted through a link to Vimeo, YouTube or any other easily accessed website, a max of 5 minutes will be reviewed by selection committee
Regular Exhibition Program | Deadline: 1 August 2019
aceartinc. exhibits 5 major exhibitions a year by contemporary visual artists and is dedicated to diversity in its programming. To this end we encourage applications from all contemporary artists and curators, groups and collectives in all visual arts media.
This Artist Run Centre is passionate about the work being produced by contemporary artists and arts writers and critics in Canada and abroad. Many successful, well known and not so well known Canadian artists have shown work at ace early in their careers- we are an established (but not establishment) part of the unique ecosystem of Canadian contemporary art.
Selections for the Regular Program are made by a jury consisting of Winnipeg-based artists/curators/critics, ace staff and board. The ace jury reviews submissions within the context of aceartinc.’s mandate and goals and our available resources. aceartinc. will pay CARFAC exhibition fees to artists; travel and accommodation, one-way shipping and per-diems will also be provided. A writer is commissioned to write a response to the Regular Program exhibitions via the Critical Distance writing program, which is published online and printed in PaperWait. Get a sense of aceartinc. by visiting our website and social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, website). To see a floor plan of our Main Gallery visit https://www.aceart.org/facilities
Please call (204) 944-9763 or email email@example.com if you require other assistance regarding your submission.
We will only exhibit work that has not previously been shown in a solo exhibition in Winnipeg.
For this call, aceartinc. only accepts digital submissions via our website form.We do not accept paper applications. Below are the guidelines for filling out the online form. Please make sure you adhere to our guidelines regarding file size and naming.
Please fill out the required fields of the contact information section.
Please upload one PDF with your full name as the file name. This single PDF document must be smaller than 5 MB in size and should consist of:
- Artist and/or curatorial statement (1 page max)
- Project proposal (1 page max)
- Current CV (3 pages max)
- Install schedule and/or equipment list with itemization of special technical needs (if applicable, 1 page max)
- An image list (1 page max): list images in the same order that they appear in the Support Material section of your PDF. Number the items and include the title of the work, medium, dimensions and date. For video, sound and other time-based work, please include the duration of the work instead of dimensions. For example: 1. Title of work-Medium-Dimensions/Duration-year
- Support Material
Your support material can include a combination of the following:
- images of past work
- images of work in development
- images of up to 2 pieces of writing such as essays and reviews
- links to video or audio on web streaming platforms such as VUCAVA, Vimeo, Sound Cloud, etc. Please include a password if necessary.
You may submit:
- up to 10 images
- OR up to 10 images and 5 min. of video/audio
- OR up to 10 min. of video/audio
In order to ensure your final PDF does not exceed the file size limit, individual images must be no more than 72dpi, 1024 x 768 pixel, 500 KB. The following links provide instructions on how to combine multiple files into a PDF using Windows or MAC.
Submissions that do not follow the guidelines will not be included in the selection process.
Applicants are invited to complete this section. Demographic information helps us gauge our progress towards equitable representation at aceartinc. This info will be available to jurors in the final round of the selection process, and will be used anonymously in statistics that aceartinc. may share with its funders, members and other stakeholders.
2019 Regular Program Application Form
Questions about this form? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Annual Student Show | Deadline: 20 May 2019
If you are an undergraduate or postgraduate student in Manitoba taking an art class, you are eligible to apply.
Deadline: noon, 20 May 2019
Install will take place June 3-7, the exhibition will run June 7-14, and the exhibition will strike June 15-21.
Please submit up to 3 pieces on any theme in any medium to email@example.com
– a one-page artist statement
– an image list
– Each image should not exceed 1024×768 pixels, 72dpi and/or 50kb. No more than 9 images total (including detail images of each of the 3 pieces being submitted).
Selected artists are eligible to apply for the Scott Wachall Memorial Bursary, a $500 award and opportunity to give a public artist talk about your practice and work.
2019/20 Cartae Open School | DEADLINE EXTENDED: 9 July 2019
Cartae is an alternative learning space for the exploration of contemporary art modes, ideas and criticality, and their applications to individual practices. It is a site of experimentation, dialogue, creation, and research. Cartae is an initiative of aceartinc.
The Cartae Open School provides opportunities in the form of peer to peer and self-directed learning, studio visits/workshops from ace’s exhibiting artists, screenings, artist talks, free access to all events that occur at ace during the Cartae year, and input from our sister Artist-Run Centres.
Email digital submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
More program details available here.
If you have further questions, please contact Brianna at email@example.com or 204-944-9763.
Paperwait Artist Pages | Deadline: 17 May 2019
Call for submissions of visual artwork to be featured in the artist pages of the next edition of Paperwait.
Paperwait is aceartinc.’s annual publication that is comprised of the writing that we commission throughout the year in response to our exhibitions. PaperWait is published in a limited edition print format as well as unlimited digital formats. It also contains juried artist pages that are usually on a theme.
This year’s theme is identity.
Carte Blanche | Annual Members’ Exhibition | Deadline: 14 June 2019
Drop off: June 4-21
Exhibition run: July 4-19
Launch: July 4, 7pm
Another hullabaloo of contemporary art, artists, and performance- the aceartinc. members’ show! Become a member and take part!
There is no selection process- just be a member and submit your work!
Membership is $25 for the year. It entitles you to access a lot of useful resources and support.
The guidelines are in this PDF– you’ll need to read them, sign the agreement, and bring it with you when you drop off the work. There’ll also be copies at the office you can sign.
Work will be displayed salon-style, limit of one work per person, all work can be priced for sale!