Hiring: Administrative Assistant
Position: Administrative Assistant
Term: December 20, 2021 – February 21, 2022 (9 weeks)
Hourly wage: $15.00
DEADLINE EXTENDED: December 9, 2021, 5 pm CST
aceartinc. is seeking an enthusiastic, bright individual as our Administrative Assistant. This is a paid term position through Canada Summer Works. Candidates must be between the ages of 15-30 years old and a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or a person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment.
Working with the Special Projects Coordinator and under the guidance of the Director of Finance and Administration, the Administrative Assistant will participate in a broad range of activities that include administrative, communication and marketing strategies related to running a contemporary art gallery.
This is a term position from December 20, 2021 to February 21, 2022, is 30 hours per week requiring some work on weekends and evenings, and occasional work from home.
Qualified candidates will have:
- An interest in contemporary art
- Experience with non-profit organisations including voluntary experience
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to work independently and in a collaborative environment
- Knowledge of Google Workspace
- Experience with Mailchimp, Adobe Suite, WordPress, an asset but not required
Responsibilities will include
- Schedule in-person gallery appointments
- Welcome visitors and scan vaccination cards
- Organize office supplies and gallery equipment
- Assist with running events
- Assist with creating content for website and social media platforms
- General correspondence, mail opening, data entry, word processing, photocopying, printing, layout, record keeping, filing, mailing
- Light housekeeping and cleaning
- Assist with any other tasks as requested
aceartinc. encourages all qualified applicants to apply. aceartinc. welcomes applicants from Government of Canada job equity groups (i.e., women, persons with disabilities, visible minorities, Indigenous candidates).
This position is made possible through funding from the Canada Summer Jobs, an initiative of the Youth Employment and Skills Strategies.
Send resume to email@example.com to apply.