Flux Gallery Call for Submissions
Flux Gallery is seeking exhibition proposals from early-stage emerging artists.
To apply please submit the following in digital format to email@example.com by 11:59 PM, Monday, November 4, 2019.
The upcoming show dates are:
January 12 – February 2, 2020
February 3 – 23, 2020
March 1 – 22, 2020
April 19 – May 10, 2020
To submit, enclose:
- An exhibition proposal (1 page) – Please include a description of the specific work you are proposing to exhibit at Flux Gallery. Note, this proposal can include work in progress.
- Support Material.
- List the dates in your order of preference. We cannot guarantee you’ll get your preferred date.
- You may include up to 5 images.
- Individual images must be jpegs 72dpi, 1024 x 768 pixel, 500k (.5 MB) RGB or SRGB only.
- Video may be submitted through a link to Vimeo, YouTube or any other easily accessed website, a max of 5 minutes will be reviewed by the selection committee.
- You may include a layout of the exhibition.
When applying, please consider:
- Flux Gallery exhibits engaging contemporary art in any medium by early-stage emerging artists. We are looking to exhibit artists who identify as emerging and who have not yet had a juried exhibition.
- Flux Gallery encourages applicants to voluntarily self-declare in their application if they are members of groups that have been marginalized, e.g. on the basis of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization, disability, religion, and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person.
- Flux Gallery is run by volunteers. Three members of the committee will facilitate your show and help things run smoothly for you. If you need assistance or access to resources they can help point you in the right direction.
- You must know how to install your own work. If desired, you can request time in the space to practice installing your work.
- Works involving sound must be played through headphones.
- You must return Flux Gallery to its pristine state during the strike of your exhibition.
- Your work will be for sale; artist fees are therefore not applicable. We will provide a $100 honorarium per show.
- A map of the space can be found here.