Call for Programming Director
aceartinc. is seeking a new Program Director.
Applications due Monday, October 28. Please send a cover letter and CV to email@example.com.
Programming Director will report to the Board of Directors. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate and schedule all programming: five annual exhibitions, artist talks, workshops, screenings, events, member activities, etc.
- Develop and initiate new programming directions within the aceartinc. mandate.
- Manage Cartae Open School, an alternative learning program.
- Work closely with the FLUX Gallery Committee.
- Initiate and pursue the planning of the Indigenous Curatorial Residency Program.
- Develop policies that support the mandate.
- Oversee and implement strategic plans with the board of directors.
- Oversee the project room.
- Work in partnership with the Director of Finance and Administration to achieve goals and pursue the mandate.
- Manage contract staff, interns, volunteers, and temporary workers in coordination with the Director of Finance and Administration.
- Conduct studio visits with members and other artists.
- Solicit submissions for the program and other activities.
- Liaise with local, national, and international arts organizations for program and partnership development.
- Coordinate the Regular Exhibition jury.
- Grant writing, reporting, and budget management.
- Edit and coordinate all Critical Distance Essays, including the selection of emerging writers and thinkers to write about the five Regular Exhibitions.
- Edit and manage PaperWait, maintaining this as an annual, high-quality, printed publication.
- Attend monthly board meetings and report to the board on programming updates monthly.
Qualified candidates will have a background in contemporary art, including an applicable combination of education, production, writing, and/or dissemination. They will have experience, education, or training in arts administration. They will have experience with artist-run centres and/or non-profit organizations, including volunteer experience. They will have had previous success in grant writing or fundraising experience. They will have excellent time management skills, communication, presentation, and writing skills.