Call for Director of Finance and Administration
aceartinc. is seeking a new Director of Finance and Administration.
Applications due Monday, October 28. Please send cover letter and CV to email@example.com.
Director of Finance and Administration will report to the Board of Directors. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- creating, maintaining, and revising the global budget for monthly board approval.
- Prepare month-end files for the bookkeeper.
- Administrator payroll, source deductions and tax documents with the bookkeeper.
- Ensure prompt payment of bills, artist fees, and contract fees.
- Regularly update CADAC and generate reports when necessary.
- Meet regularly with the bookkeeper, accountant, financial assistant and Treasurer.
- Prepare and coordinate year-end.
- Meet with funding representatives and assist in fundraising.
- Maintain insurance for the gallery, board directors, equipment, and artists.
- Arrange any travel, hospitality, etc.
- Organise the AGM with the board and staff.
- Prepare and dispatch newsletters.
- Attend or ensure a gallery host is present at all openings.
- Work in partnership with the Programming Director to achieve goals and maintain the mandate.
- Manage contract staff, interns, volunteers, and temporary workers in coordination with the Programming Director.
- Identify potential partnerships with other organizations locally, nationally, and internationally.
Qualified candidates will have a background in contemporary art, including an applicable combination of education, production, writing, and/or dissemination. They will have the experience, education, or training in arts administration. They will have experience with artist-run centres and/or non-profit organizations, including volunteer experience. They will have had previous success in grant writing and/or fundraising experience. They will have excellent time management skills, communication, presentation, and writing skills.