Call for Director of Finance and Administration
aceartinc. is seeking a new Director of Finance and Administration.
Applications have been extended to Friday, November 1st. Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed November 4th. Successful candidates will be notified by November 7th. Director of Finance and Administration start date December 11, 2019. Please send cover letter and CV to email@example.com.
Director of Finance and Administration will report to the Board of Directors. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- creating, maintaining, and revising the global budget for monthly board approval.
- Prepare month-end files for the bookkeeper.
- Administrator payroll, source deductions and tax documents with the bookkeeper.
- Ensure prompt payment of bills, artist fees, and contract fees.
- Regularly update CADAC and generate reports when necessary.
- Meet regularly with the bookkeeper, accountant, financial assistant and Treasurer.
- Prepare and coordinate year-end.
- Meet with funding representatives and assist in fundraising.
- Maintain insurance for the gallery, board directors, equipment, and artists.
- Arrange any travel, hospitality, etc.
- Organise the AGM with the board and staff.
- Prepare and dispatch newsletters.
- Attend or ensure a gallery host is present at all openings.
- Work in partnership with the Programming Director to achieve goals and maintain the mandate.
- Manage contract staff, interns, volunteers, and temporary workers in coordination with the Programming Director.
- Identify potential partnerships with other organizations locally, nationally, and internationally.
Qualified candidates will have a background in contemporary art, including an applicable combination of education, production, writing, and/or dissemination. They will have the experience, education, or training in arts administration. They will have experience with artist-run centres and/or non-profit organizations, including volunteer experience. They will have had previous success in grant writing and/or fundraising experience. They will have excellent time management skills, communication, presentation, and writing skills.