Call for Board Treasurer
The aceartinc. Board of Directors is accepting applications for the position of Treasurer.
Board meetings are held the last Thursday of every month, and some additional work outside of meetings will be required. The total time commitment is approximately 5 hours per month.
Roles of the Treasurer include:
- Meets with the Director and Financial Manager to work on and finalize the annual operating budget.
- Presents the annual operating budget to the Board of Directors for approval.
- Works with the Director and Financial Manager on preparing and evaluating projections to year-end.
- Presents the projected budget(s) to the Board of Directors for discussion and approval.
- Monitors actual revenues and expenses compared to the operating and projected budgets.
- Reviews the monthly income statement, balance sheet, and general ledger along with any other relevant information provided by the bookkeeper or Financial Manager.
- Meets with the Director and Financial Manager to discuss any issues or concerns regarding finances and reports to the Board of any irregularities, concerns or opportunities.
- Presents monthly financial reports to the Board of Directors including income statement and balance sheet.
- Oversees and signs paycheques to the Director and Financial Manager.
- Supervises financial transactions, approves invoices and signs cheques.
- Verifies that expenses are matching approved purchases.
- Ensures that Current Source Deductions are sent to the Canada Revenue Agency on a monthly basis.
- Monitors cash flow with the Financial Manager.
- Review bank statements and credit card statements.
- Meets with the Director, Financial Manager and bookkeeper to review the year-end information.
- Meets with the accountant, bookkeeper, Director, and Financial Manager to go over the Review Engagement Report.
- Presents the Review Engagement Report to the membership at the Annual General Meeting and calls for a motion to approve the Review Engagement Report and to appoint the accountant for the next fiscal year.
- Confirms that T4 slips are issued to all employees on time.
- Oversees short and long-term investments and brings forward information to the Board of Directors for approval if required.
- Works with the Director and Financial Manager to ensure that proper insurance is in place for the organization.
- With the Director, obtains bridge financing if needed.
- Verifies that the Annual Return of Information is filed yearly.
- Ensures the T3010 Registered Charity Information Return has been completed and sent to the Canada Revenue Agency by the end of December.
- With the Finance Committee, reviews and updates Financial Policies.
- With the Director and Financial Manager, reviews and updates Financial Procedures.
- The Finance Committee, ensures procedures and internal controls are in place to eliminate the possibility of fraud.
Please email a short letter of interest and CV to President of the Board of Directors, Seth Woodyard, at email@example.com by October 24, 2019.